Founded by W. Raymond Watson, our funeral home
is located at 350 Willett Avenue, Riverside. In June of 1949,
W. Raymond Watson graduated from the New England Institute of
Anatomy and passed the Conference of Funeral Service Examining
Boards of the United States. He was then granted an embalming
and funeral directing license from the State of Rhode Island to
practice funeral service.
After working several years in the family funeral business, he built
a new funeral home at our current location opening on May 15, 1971.
The funeral home structure was built with large funeral chapels
to better serve the needs of the families in the community for the
last quarter century. Mr. Watson’s funeral service continued
to grow due to his attention to details. His contribution to the
community went far beyond funeral service. Mr. Watson knew that
the funeral itself is only the first step in the grieving and healing
process. He continued to service families in the weeks and months
that followed by keeping in touch and offering comfort.
In September of 1981, his son, W. Raymond Watson III, joined his
father at the funeral home. After graduating from Providence College
on May 19, 1980 he went on to the New England Institute of Embalming
and passed the Conference of Funeral Service Examining Boards of
the United States and graduated Cum Laude on August 16, 1981. On
February 2, 1982 he was granted an embalmers license from the State
of Rhode Island Department of Health to practice funeral service.
Like his father, he has continued to serve the families of the community
with compassion and dignity for over 24 years.